Nebraska Public Transit Week is April 5-11, 2020 and we would like YOU to pledge to ride public transit during NPTW!
Nebraska Public Transit aims to spread awareness about the availability of public transportation and encourages Nebraskans to support local public transit that helps thousands of Nebraskans stay mobile and access critical services like education, employment, and medical care.
Pledging will begin March 23.
Learn about previous Public Transit Week events.
Click on header to view this year's agency events and/or activities.
- Collect non-perishable items for free ride.
- All week – penny war between drivers & office (will donate to organization at end of week).
- Have a short trivia questions regarding transit.
- Appreciation luncheon for drivers.
- Monday – All passengers ride free/community awareness (promotional items for transit will be distributed to doctor's office, hospitals, nursing home, assistant living facilities, schools and colleges)
- Tuesday – The cost of a ride is a canned good to be donated to the local food pantry.
- Wednesday – Customer Appreciation Day: Give out special goodies.
- Thursday – Staff Appreciation Day (training with food)
- Friday – Closed (Good Friday)